Below is a list of career opportunities currently available at the Community Media Center.
POSITION: MARKET SURVEY DATA ANALYSIS INTERN
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 15, 2022
NUMBER OF INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE: Two (2)
HOW TO APPLY: We encourage all students who are interested in and meeting the qualifications listed to email their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPENSATION: $18-$20 per hour, dependent upon experience and no benefits. Average hours per week 30, up to 40 hours per week depending upon tasks assigned.
LOCATION AND DURATION: This internship is in person with up to halftime virtual. Location is dependent on the tasks assigned which includes direct staff contact and public contact at community events. Start and end dates are flexible ideally June 1 to September 2 with possible extensions as a virtual placement.
ORGANIZATION INFORMATION: The Community Media Center of Carroll County is a non-profit community media access center serving Carroll County and the surrounding area. The mission of Community Media Center is to provide Carroll County residents and organizations with services, tools, training and access to innovative digital technologies that engage, inform and connect them to their community. Founded in 1989, the CMC is a nationally recognized Community Media Center focusing on access to media and technology and the creation of local content on cable and digital media platforms. The CMC offers an array of services including outreach, training, production facilitation, production/creative and digital distribution. Our primary objective is to increase the amount of local content by, for and about the Central Maryland region.
THE INTERNSHIP: CMC is actively recruiting a paid summer intern to support a comprehensive community survey and data analysis project. The intern will be responsible for assisting the project team in data collection, analysis, production of reports, and use and support of the data analysis software used to collect data. There is also opportunity to engage directly with the community at events to supplement data collection.
This internship will assist in the development of skills in communications, marketing, social media, and online analytics. By the end of the internship, students will have several new examples of relevant work to add to their portfolios. They will also gain valuable professional experience in real-world data gathering, analytics, and media strategy and implementation for a highly successful, local community media organization.
The research Intern will be part of the project team and report directly to the Marketing Director.
- Assist with survey administration and survey creation through an external vendor online survey platform.
- Design and generate survey data reports
- Review formatting and data accuracy in key deliverables
- Other special research projects as needed
- Assist with creation and review of datasets or data visualizations in available tools
- Assist with user-facing stages of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, definitions, design, and testing, for data collection and analysis tools
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of communications campaigns(Any potential support with social media? Email Campaigns?)
- Collaborate on the startup, integration and cross coordination of Salesforce CRM
- Attendance at Survey Committee weekly meetings
- Weekly attendance at staff project meetings
- Senior or graduate level courses in data analysis, business administration, business development, marketing, and/or data management
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, including MS Excel and MS Word
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Proven academic achievement
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e.,, Tableau) preferred
- Experience writing for a business / professional audience preferred
- Experience working with a CRM preferred
- Experience writing for a technical audience is a plus
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle or implementation
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing skills
- Strong interest in research and data analysis
- Ability to take ownership of assigned project from start to finish
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight
- Comfort with or experience interacting professionally with others over the phone and/or email
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short and long-term projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to climb (stairs/ladders) or balance
- Ability to stand and/or walk at 2-3 hour intervals
- Ability to find transportation to and from work
- Clear driving record and valid driver's license
POSITION: MULTIMEDIA CONTENT PRODUCER
OVERVIEW: This position produces, and readies media including text, audio, video, and still images on multiple platforms for emerging technologies such as wireless media, downloadable audio, video, and audio-visual broadcasts. Must be 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver license and clear driving record. Position is designated as a casual worker less than part time and requires 5 or more working hours per month.
HOURLY RATE: $15.00
STANDARD HOURS: Less than part time, on demand schedule
BENEFITS: Non benefited position
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SUBMIT RESUME via E-mail:
1. Cover letter, resume and hourly salary requirement to email@example.com
2. The subject line of your email must read “Casual Worker Production”
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in media production, broadcast, communications or related field; 1 or more years’ employment/experience in television production, including familiarity with studio and field production equipment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional communication and public relations skills
- Skilled with video/audio/computer systems, routine maintenance and basic troubleshooting
- Software programs including Final Cut Pro or Premier
- Ability to take direction and instructions from management
- Ability to manage time and assignments with minimal supervision
- Skilled with video/audio/computer systems
- Ability to perform routine maintenance and basic troubleshooting
- Can lift 50 lbs.
- Age 21 or older
- Clear driving record and valid driver license
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- At the direction of Multi-Media Management
- Setup and operate production equipment for all CMC events, studio and field productions
- Production of content on any and all of CMC’s projects or productions
- Cover municipal events, public meetings, assist with scripts web and television productions
- Develops and updates motion graphics for current and previous content.
- Maintain project records
- Performs duties related to specific assignments